Alesi: “Politics” not F1 to blame for French GP exit

The French GP slips off the schedule this year, after a four-year return to the F1 calendar at Paul Ricard from 2018 to 2022, which could mean another lengthy spell on the sidelines.
It was previously dormant from 2009 to 2017 after an 18-year run at Magny-Cours, which took over from Ricard in 1991 due to political reasons.
Former F1 racer Alesi, who took up his new role this week, is clear …Keep reading

Ford: F1 return wasn’t possible without changes to engine rules

The American auto giant announced on Friday that it would be returning to F1 in 2026 after striking a deal with Red Bull to work together on power units.
The partnership will mark the return of the Ford name to F1 after 22 years, its last foray coming when it owned the Jaguar team that was ultimately sold to Red Bull in 2004.
During its time away from F1, Ford has remained at the top level …Keep reading

Verstappen explains “absurd” F1 sim in private jet story

Red Bull motor sport advisor Marko made the claim in a recent TV interview while discussing the Dutchman’s appearance in the Virtual Le Mans 24 Hours and his dedication to driving whenever he can.
The simulator in a plane story was subsequently widely reported, but Verstappen says what he actually told Marko last year was that he will have one installed in the new motorhome that he is taking …Keep reading

Button’s Bathurst lap record stands after Lawson’s Red Bull F1 demo

Liam Lawson lapped Mount Panorama in a V8-powered Red Bull RB7 today in a special demonstration run at the Bathurst 12 Hour.
There was a lot of anticipation heading into the weekend that the demo, with the car that carried Sebastian Vettel to his second world title in 2011, could yield a new unofficial Bathurst lap record.
The Bathurst benchmark was set in 2011 when Button stopped the clocks …Keep reading